At Women In Business (WIB), we’re committed to respecting and protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This includes data collected via:
- Our website, marketing or research;
- Participation in WIB events, training or programmes;
- Contact with us through email, phone, social media or post
- Employment and contract work within the organisation
“We” includes information from the WIB and the supporting programme partners.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation WIB has a legal duty to protect any information collected from you.
The Information we collect about you and how we use it
WIB interact with many people on a daily basis, each differing in experience and user need. To help you identify the information we collect, how we use your personal information you can select and view the relevant services that we provide to you.
In running and maintaining our website we may collect the following data about you:
- information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means (for example by emailing us);
- information that you provide when you complete online surveys, for example application form;
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a web page. This information includes:
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
When you use our services or view content provided by pressrefresh.co.uk, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Google Account.
- Location information
- Links – In order to provide improved services for you we may keep a track of how you interact with links on our website. This includes emails we send you and when clicking on pages on our websites or applications. If you click on an external link on our website the website operator might figure out that you came from the WIB website along with other information like audience characteristics, cookies and your IP address.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologies
The press refresh website use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Google service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
Our Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager products help us analyse the traffic to our websites and apps and to make advertising messages more relevant. Google Analytics information is linked, by the Google Analytics customer or by Google, using Google technology, with information about visits to multiple sites.
How we use the information the website collects about you
WIB may use your personal information:
- When you contact the press refresh website, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements. We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice. This website processes personal information on our servers. We may process your personal information on a different server.
Visiting the Press Refresh website from another site
When you are directed to the press refresh website from another site, WIB may receive personal information relating to you from the other site(s). You should read the privacy policies for these sites, as these will govern the use of any personal information that you provide and which is then provided to WIB.
Linking to another site
Any personal information that you give to WIB is not passed on to any other website. However, the press refresh website contains links to other sites. You should always be aware when you follow one of these links that this Privacy Notice applies only to the press refresh website. You should also read the privacy statement(s) of any other site(s) that may collect personal information about you.
How do we protect your data on our website
We work hard to ensure the security of press refresh website and our users from unauthorised access to, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We will encrypt many of our services using SSL in particular forms with user data or logins. You should not disclose any information if you do not see the lock on the browser and you should always keep any usernames and passwords secure, do not share this information with anyone else.
- We constantly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to WIB employees and press refresh programme contractors who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these requirements.
- The press refresh website and some of the tools and services it links to use a number of cookies. To help us meet the needs of our users, we use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use the press refresh website.
- Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the website, how you got here and what you click on. Through this, we cannot identify who you are and do not collect or store your personal details such as your name or address.
- Press refresh also uses Google Ads Cookies which ensure that advertisements are properly displayed and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on our interests.
Social Media cookies
Press Refresh Applicants
In connection with your application, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your application form including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
- Any information you provide to us during an assessment etc and the results.
As part of the recruitment process, we may also collect, store and use special categories of more sensitive personal information for example information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions as well as information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records and information about criminal convictions and offences.
We will also collect personal information about applicants from a range of sources including the applicants themselves, other programme agencies involved in the recruitment and named referees, from whom we will seek references if an applicant is successful.
We will use the personal information we collect about applicants to assess skills, qualifications, and suitability for the programme, carry out background and reference checks, where applicable, communicate with applicants, keep records related to our processes and to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We process personal data relating to those learners who enter for a press refresh qualification. This includes sitting a press refresh examination, completing coursework and assessments. We process information in the marking of the exam, the delivery of results to learners, the certification of results and the permanent record of these results.
The personal data may include identifiers such as:
- Date of birth
- Subjects and levels entered for assessment
- Performance information such as examination and assessment marks and/or grades.
- Applications for enquiries, appeals and special consideration information (if applicable) – this may include information we consider ‘sensitive’. For example, there may be medical information that is important when it comes to your qualification.
- Proof of identity information.
This information is shared with programme partners. We will not disclose it to anyone else unless we are required to by law. For example, we will not disclose your assessment information with anyone other than your centre or with you (we may need parental/guardian consent for this).
There may be occasions where we take photographs or video footage. For example, we may do this at events such as at the Press Refresh award ceremony. We may wish to use the photographs or video for use on our website, social media or in documents we produce. At any time we take your photograph/video footage we will ask for consent from you. We will not put photographs or video footage of you on social media, in any of our publications or on our website without having consent to do so.
Whilst we try and monitor these sites during normal business hours, please be aware that any personal information you share may be seen by others.
Marketing, Communications and Events
Opt in (subscribe) marketing & communications emails
We use a third-party email service, MailChimp, to manage our marketing communications and newsletters to subscribers. MailChimp act as a data-processor on behalf of WIB.
MailChimp is a US company with staff based outside the EEA, and stores data in the US. MailChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
You can update your profile or unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the end of any email.
When you register for support, information, training events, conference or webinar, your registration is handled by Eventbrite or directly by WIB.
Your information (which includes name, centre, email address, contact telephone number and dietary requirements) is collected by Eventbrite as the data-processor on behalf of WIB. This information is transmitted in a secure and confidential manner.
Managing your personal information with us
You control the personal data you share with us. The accuracy of your information is important to us.
When you use our services we aim to give you ways to access and update your personal information through the systems you use.
We aim to maintain our services in a way, which protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. After you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. We will provide this information, free of charge, in line with the GDPR timescales of one month.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
From time to time, our Privacy Notice may change. This will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your explicit consent. We will post any privacy notice changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of privacy notice changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Privacy Notice in an archive for you to review.
Please do not hesitate to contact us about any matter relating to this Privacy Notice.