Join up to 50 women across Northern Ireland to benefit from 5 weeks of free supportive training, guidance and encouragement.
- Enhance your CV
- Amplify your communication and presentation skills
- Unlock a more confident & bolder you
- Perfect interview preparation, practice & performance
- Draft a compelling Professional Profile
- Uncover strategies to sell yourself
- Achieve your ILM level 3 Leadership and Management qualification
- Gain insights into the endless possibilities in the Tech sector
- Receive a training allowance of up to £139.50 based on full attendance
Who is it for?
- Women doing a valuable caring role
- Women on a career break
- Women who are unemployed
- Women who are currently working up to 16 hours per week
- Women who have not been in paid work for at least 6 months
The programme includes:
- In-person training with other women across a period of 5 weeks
- Group exercises and discussions about skills, interests, career pathways and goals
- Reflective exercises outside of classroom hours
- An opportunity to meet local employers and recruiters whilst developing your CV and interview skills
- Networking with other participants and peer groups
- An ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management which will develop core skills that support the transition back into the workplace.
Eligibility to apply:
- Women must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be a resident of Northern Ireland.
- Eligible to work in Northern Ireland or ‘settled’ in Northern Ireland, and has been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least 3 years; or is a person who has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK.
- Hold a higher level qualification (i.e. higher level diploma, HND, BTEC etc desirable).
- You must work less than 16 hours per week or have not been in paid work for at least 6 months.
- Must be preparing to or currently looking for employment (either full-time, flexible or part-time).
- 2 years previous career experience (within any industry).
Programme begins in February 2024!
Leadership and Management ILM training
The Level 3 ILM Award in Leadership and Management consists of two modules consisting of Presentation and Communication.
Module 1: Understanding the Communication process in the Workplace
- This module looks at the importance of communication, the communication cycle, differences between types of communication, advantages and disadvantages and when to use different methods of communication. This unit will be assessed through a series of short written questions on topics around communication which are required to be submitted.
Module 2: Giving Briefings and Making Presentations
- This module develops your skills in giving presentations and briefings. You will plan and deliver a briefing or presentation, evaluate the effectiveness of your presentation and to use the feedback gathered to identify areas for improvement. This unit will be assessed through practical delivery of a presentation.
Get excited discovering more about who you are, what you want & who can help.
- Gain an understanding of the Career Reboot programme and define your desired outcomes.
- Explore hopes and fears on your next career steps.
- Build awareness of personal values and strengths to inform role choices.
- Understand Learning Styles to maximise your own and others’ returners journey.
- Be inspired and ask questions to previous Career Reboot delegates
Compelling CV’s & Impactful Interview skills
Begin to shape your signature CV and present yourself with confidence at interview.
- Understand the building blocks of a great CV
- Draft a compelling Professional Profile
- Know your brand
- Present yourself at interview
- Strategies to sell yourself – turning up the performance
- Managing the mindset so nerves don’t become a block
- Receive tools to make your message land
- Ask the right questions
Confident CV & Interview support- ‘Ask the Expert’ session
Perfect Preparation, Practice & Performance.
- An optional day to get a more focused insight into CVs and interview essentials by asking the experts:
- Questions on how to further develop your CV and tailor it to the jobs you are applying for
- Optional mock interview for any candidates keen practice with live feedback
- Receive tips on how to answer key interview questions
Career Visualise & Role search planning
Get energised about your skills, potential and capacity for confidently moving forward.
- Unlock a more confident & bolder you.
- Clear steps to greater resilience & balance as you navigate change.
- Map career skills & mobilise them for your next career journey.
- Visualise the role you want and the impact you will make.
- Understand the key components of role search plan
- Understand the value of a LinkedIn profile & networks
- Begin to share your role search plan
Get active exploring options, taking bold steps and refining your career plan.
Reboot Career Market Place
- Learn about organisations and roles.
- Meet in house company recruiters and external recruiting agencies.
- Be introduced to further education, technical skills development and academy opportunities.
- Explore opportunities for business start-up programmes.
- Individual guidance on your CV and/or Returner Plan.
- Receive your Career Reboot Graduation Certificate.
Find out about Career Reboot experience…
“I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The training was interactive and engaging. The course materials used were easy to grasp. I’m glad I decided to join the programme as my life been transformed for the better. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wishes to take part.”Marietta Mwangi, Career Reboot Graduate
“The programme helped me realise that there are so many jobs out there that I can do because my skills transfer and my years of on the job experience are actually my key strengths. I have learned how to decipher job advertisements and understand what the job market looks like and where I fit. The support was superb, down to earth and practical, they gave me back my sense of value and worth, thank you.”Pamela Hamilton, Career Reboot Graduate
Programme Timetable 2024
COMMITMENT REQUIRED: Please ensure that you read the Press Refresh Programme Timetable before application. Complete attendance is necessary as there will be no recordings of sessions. It is important to understand the time commitment, workload and independent learning that comes with achieving great results to Press Refresh on your career!
- 9 days of in-person training over 5 weeks Tuesday-Thursday in Belfast (Belfast Met, E3 Campus, Springfield Road)
- Group CV & Interview coaching drop-in (optional additional support)
- Completion of Workbook and presentation activities to achieve ILM level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
- Attendance at all training sessions between 20th February and 21st March
Explore hopes, fears, values, skills and get inspired by previous delegates.
|Compelling CV’s & Impactful Interview skills
|Confident CV & Interview support- ‘Ask the Expert’ session (45 min group drop-in)
Through role search planning and CV skills, navigate change & build resilience.
|Delivery of Presentations (30-45 minute slots)
Connect with employers and refine your career plan.
Things to know…
To find out how the Belfast Metropolitan College manages your information, please see their privacy notice
To find out how Women in Business manages your information, please see their privacy notice
Please note that both delivery partners Belfast Metropolitan College & Women In Business will have access to any information shared.
Due to the volume of applicants, unsuccessful applications will unfortunately not be offered feedback.
Application Closing date:
12 noon Friday 26th January 2024
Successful individuals will be notified by Friday 2nd February.
Training commences 20th February through in-person sessions.
All applicants must ensure they are available for all dates shown in the timetable.
*If you would like to express an interest in participating in training in 2024 please email email@example.com*